What is Heroes & Other Worlds?

Heroes & Other Worlds is a game of adventure inspired by Metagaming's classic Melee/Wizard/TFT system combined with inspiration from the Moldvay edited basic game. The rules are easy to learn and use standard six sided dice. The system is simple, sensible and flexible in the spirit of classic role playing games from the early 80's. Become a Hero, Other Worlds await!

Monday, December 8, 2014

Pick a path: BOGO

I got an email from Lulu saying on Wednesday (12/10) they are going to run some sort of BOGO promotion.  I do not know anymore details than this:

You loved our last buy one, get one offer so much, that we've decided to share a new one with you.
We will be emailing your BOGO offer on Wednesday and the offer will only be good for the day.

 Great right? EXCEPT I will not get hard copies to proof/review until...you guessed it...this Wednesday.

Which means I won't see them until after work which means too late to really be of any use. Oh the fickle humors of fate...what to do?  While I have spent weeks editing it and getting it ready for retail--no doubt there are new things I will "see" once I have the book in hand--but to miss buy one get one (IF the promo really ends up being buy one/get one)? That would be wicked cruel to think due to delayed shipping we all miss out.

So I will offer this option, YOU vote and choose your fate:

1) RELEASE THE KRAKEN--I know it may have some rough edges, but stop being prissy and make it happen captain!

2) STAY ON TARGET-I hate missing a good promo, but would rather let you have time to comb through it again before putting it up for sale.

Please vote in the poll off to the right hand side, top of the column...you have 24 hours to do so!

10 comments:

  1. "Stay on target!" Promos come and go with our friends at Lulu all the time. You should always make the book *you* want to have on your shelf. That instinct has been serving you (and us) mighty well these past few years.

    (know what I dug out last night? That special release of "Collapse", with all the cool gear!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks RSJ! I still love Collapse and plan on revising it to work with HOW as an Other World at some pint! Thanks for the continued support!!

      Delete
  2. I agree, stay on target. No point 'rushing' things at the last minute, I'd rather wait for the book to be 100% what you envisioned (and pay a little extra for that perfection)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thanks Tim! Not sure I can ever get to perfection--but I do work hard to get better with each book. Thanks very much!

      Delete
  3. "STAY ON TARGET"! You will only hate yourself for rushing things, plus you will be judged by this for a long time to come, so you want it to be the best it can be.

    Time has its own rewards, so patience my friend, it will be worth it AND you'll be glad you did.

    Good luck and keep the faith - plus I hate to see a grown man cry, makes me kind of twitchy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said Mark and thanks for providing the bigger picture as well. I really appreciate the feed back and support! AND no crying in baseball or game design--message received! :)

      Delete
  4. What they said. "Stay On Target."

    ReplyDelete
  5. wasn't going to post...but there is 1 vote to release the kraken. don't want anyone to think it was me...

    stay on target! the CIA does not want you to release this yet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stay on target. If this were a .pdf only product you could just release an update no harm no foul but since this is a print product better to have it clean and spiffy before we pay a premium service for printing and binding.

    ReplyDelete