What is Heroes & Other Worlds?

Heroes & Other Worlds is a game of adventure inspired by Metagaming's classic Melee/Wizard/TFT system combined with inspiration from the Moldvay edited basic game. The rules are easy to learn and use standard six sided dice. The system is simple, sensible and flexible in the spirit of classic role playing games from the early 80's. Become a Hero, Other Worlds await!

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Preparing to set sail

I am happy to say it looks like there will be enough interest to make the voyage!

I will work on getting the basic set-up stuff put together this week and then email next weekend a little packet of material to each participant to get the voyage started.

You still have time to join up, and if you could get the word out to more people on your blog or G+ I'd appreciate it as the more the merrier!

If you are curious about the project, please read my earlier post on the Savage Shores project.

IMPORTANT: If you are interested in participating, please email me directly with the header:  I'M ON BOARD. Send to: Fenway5 (AT) frontier(dot)COM

This way once I have the template done to send to you, I can email you back with it directly!
 
One quick question, while I (no shock) prefer HOW stats for the book, I could also see a second version or maybe even a dual stating for d20 (B/X) use as well.  Any thoughts about that?

I am a realist and know that as much as I prefer using my rule set, Heroes & Other Worlds and am really blessed and lucky to have other people supporting and playing it too, I do not want to limit people getting to experience YOUR creation/participation in this project. If there are two versions (Heroes & Otheer Worlds/d20) a participant would get a PDF download of both.  I will set up a poll on the and you can vote for 1 week.

On to the project, there will be a hard time limit to get your info back to me so I can assemble and work on it with the goal is to have it done and out some time in March!

Spread the word to Heroes & Other Worlds players and thanks for signing on!

10 comments:

  1. It's impossible to cover all bases, or to please everyone, but, if this is doable, they I'd say do it. It will give you a wider audience/readership.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interestingly, no matter how I vote in the side bar, it always comes up HOW only.

      You need to look into that.

      Delete
  2. i voted dual-stat/one book but i keep thinking about changing my vote. it seems like coming up with the stats for 2 systems would be more work and take longer for the 'book to hit the shelves'. if you do HOW only, someone, anyone, anytime later could come up with d20 stats and share in PDF.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about a HOW version but under a creative commons licence - so it can be remixed, like Rob Conley's Blackmarsh has been ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i like this idea. what if chris doesn't stat any monsters? leave that for the upcoming monster manual. chris has less work to do then. he is still working to organize and compile our entries though, so it would be nice if he had at least a chance of some compensation.

      will lulu.com publish stuff with a CC license embedded in it? if so, that would be great. i'd pay for a pdf of the compilation even if it contained my entry, just to see everyone else's entries. if the pdf/book has a CC license embedded in it, we'd be free to share it. if the pdf also had links and credits to chris and HOW, the free sharing would be free advertising.

      Delete
    2. "if the pdf also had links and credits to chris and HOW, the free sharing would be free advertising."
      ...as well as links and credits for all participants; free advertising for all

      Delete
    3. ...or chris does the monster stat-ing and the CC license says we can remix and share but not wholesale share the work as is...

      just some thoughts

      Delete
    4. (and i'm really not familiar with how all this licensing stuff works)

      Delete
  4. I'd like to see dual-stats for more than just BX/d20. Fate, for instance ... I loves me the old Chaosium Thieves World, with tons of different systems.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to everyone who has emailed so far to say you are on board! A reminder if you noted on a earlier post you wanted to join in PLEASE be sure to send me an email now stating "I'M ON BOARD" I am keeping a central file to insure I have your contact email and can track participation.

    Thanks also for the comments, ideas and feedback, hope to see more people come aboard!


    Thank you for all of the feedback and ideas!

    ReplyDelete